Registered Nurse - Home Health
Atlanta, GA 21201 US
Registered Nurse – RN - Home Health
A large, nationally recognized and expanding healthcare organization is seeking full-time, career focused Home Health Registered Nurses for various territories throughout Atlanta/Fulton County, as well as the Polk, Hall and Dekalb County areas!!
As a full-time Home Health RN, you will be responsible for coordinating the total plan of care with an interdisciplinary team and help to achieve continuity of patient care by planning and exchanging information with physician, agency personnel, patient, family, and community resources. All done within a Point of Care setting.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Provides clinical services within the scope of practice, as defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial and/or comprehensive nursing evaluation visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care within State specific guidelines, and submits accurate, complete, and timely documentation, per policy.
- Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates (as warranted by changes in condition but at least every 60 days) the patient's nursing needs.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments at designated time points and develops the appropriate POC, in collaboration with physician orders.
- Ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical necessity guidelines as defined by payer source.
- Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other health care professional's involved in care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by patient's assessed need.
- Responds to outcome coordinator/coder and Patient Care Manager requests for clarification to OASIS assessments on the same day that the request for more information is sent.
- Plots patient encounters for the episode and determines needed RN encounters based on patient's needs and regulations.
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family caregiver in the care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy environment for the patient.
- Actively participates in weekly case conferences.
- Maintains a current and accurate patient medication profile.
- After start of care (SOC) assessment, reports the status of the patient, assessed needs, and plan of care overview to the team leader on same day (or by next business day if after hours).
- Observes, records and reports to the physician and/or team leader the patient's signs and symptoms, response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition, as appropriate. Ensures adequate Team Leader (TL) communication when physician follow-up is needed.
- Communicates changes in visit assignments, dates of scheduled visits, and schedule changes to scheduler and Patient Care Manger to ensure patient needs are met.
- Communicates timely and effectively with agency personnel and ordering physician as required to process orders and OASIS data sets, schedule home visits, and deliver services to patient as ordered by physician and in accordance with applicable laws and regulation.
- Facilitates hand-off communication to RN and PCM who will cover patients in their absence, prior to scheduled days off.
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000/yr (Depending on experience)
- 403b matching program
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Continuing education programs
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Current Georgia State RN Licensure
- Current CPR certification
- Current driver’s license, vehicle insurance and access to dependable vehicle
- OASIS admission experience
- 1 year of experience working in a skilled home health setting as a licensed RN
To apply, please contact/send resume to:
Senior Recruitment Manager