RN - Stroke Program Coordinator
Phoenixville, PA 19460 Montgomery
RN Stroke Program Coordinator
A large, non-profit, multi-site health system is seeking a Stroke Program Coordinator for one of their multiple hospitals in the area!
The Stroke Program Coordinator will collaborate with all health care professionals to establish the standards of stroke care, and assure that all areas are current with American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) and The Joint Commission (TJC) requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Directing the Stroke Quality Improvement components required to maintain accreditation standards
- Promoting and generating greater medical staff/hospital staff/community awareness regarding Stroke through community outreach activities
- Responsible for promoting stroke care based on evidence based clinical practice guidelines for Stroke care.
- Supported by the Multidisciplinary Stroke Committee (MSC), the SPC maintains a strong component of patient advocacy, with day to day review and coordination of multi-disciplinary services.
- Provides formal and informal education for professional, technical and ancillary personnel, and serves as a liaison between the hospital and regulatory agencies.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:30pm
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000/yr (DOE)
Benefits: The organization offers a competitive and comprehensive medical benefit package
- Over 4 weeks Paid Time Off
- Competitive 403B
- Up to $8,000/yr toward continuing education
- PA Licensed Registered Nurse
- At least 5 years of critical care nursing experience
- Cardiovascular experience, highly preferred
- Must document 8 hours of ongoing stroke specific education annually. Current CPR for HealthCare Provider required.
- Must be comfortable public speaking at training and educating events geared towards peers and community members
- Strong organizational and communication skills to maintain current Stroke Center certification for the hospital
To apply, please send resume to:
Alyssa Comita – Senior Recruitment Manager