Atlanta, GA 30328 US
Seeking a Full Time Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to provide services in an outpatient setting, primarily with an adolescent and adult patient population. Hours are Monday- Friday day shift, with very limited on-call responsibilities.
Under close supervision of the Medical Director, The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a professional who demonstrates a commitment in the assessment and management of mental health patients. They make independent and collaborative judgments in regard to the assessment, diagnosis and management of treatment for patients with psychiatric disorders, medical-mental conditions and substance abuse issues. He or she is expected to apply nursing and behavioral health policies when rendering care and providing health teaching to patients and families.
- Graduate from an accredited/approved. Licensed as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the state of Georgia
- A minimum of one year’s experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in a program dealing with the management of addictions or behavioral heath issues.
- Licensed as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse, maintains current license per state requirements.
- Maintains current CPR
- Knowledge of State and Federal Statues regarding patient confidentiality laws
Psychiatric Specialty Care
- Evaluates, diagnoses, and treats patients in the program.
- Prescribes medication and treatment.
- Revises medication and nursing care plans as needed in conjunction with Program Director and treatment planning goals.
- Participates in treatment team meetings.
- Monitors medications and dosages and adjusts as needed
- Conducts history and physical screenings
- Follows hospital policies and procedures in prescribing medications and treatments.
- Documents medications and treatments in patient charts
- Documents treatment plans as well as any changes to the treatment plan in the patient chart
- Documents on patient progress notes and maintains up to date records as needed.
- Communicates any treatment related information as needed.