Spokane, WA 99201 US
Looking to join a fast-growing, technology-enabled company that was founded to make a major, positive difference in the way medical care is delivered? Our client is safely shifting advanced, acute medical care from hospitals to the comfort of the patients’ home by providing high-quality, real-time nursing care and services along with all the necessary tools and infrastructure.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Location: Spokane, WA
The Nurse Practitioner will see patients through acute illness, the restorative phase, and when they get back to their lives. The NP serves as the point of contact to patients and families in person, collaborating with the attending physician and the patient’s primary care physician (PCP) and performs the initial face-to-face evaluation and assessment of potential patient admissions. Upon admission, the NP will collaborate with the attending physician and the PCP to develop and implement an acute plan of care in the home.
- Facilitate the triaging of eligible, appropriate patients referred for a potential admission facilitated by our guidelines; obtaining additional diagnostic and specialty consultation when needed
- Provide inpatient level acute care in the home setting in collaboration with the home hospital attending physician and RN
- Complete the patient referral and providing safe handoffs to the attending physician and RN
- Communicate with the patient and family concerning our model, incorporating patient and family values and goals in the plan of care
- Navigate barriers for patients and those within the system to accomplish optimal patient experience and outcomes. Navigate patients and families across the continuum of phases of care
- Promote a collaborative relationship and effort between the attending physicians, RN team, and supplier providers
- Provide protocol driven assessment, care coordination and interventions as appropriate informed by our protocols for diverse patient populations with a focus on oncology, medicine, and post-operative care
- Exhibit sound clinical decision making and critical thinking skills
- Maintaining and practicing in accordance with nursing and practitioner guidelines per state and hospital regulations
- Support research efforts to advance knowledge and promote evidence-based practice
- Utilize advanced nursing knowledge to identify, prevent or solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems
- Write orders which are in accord with current guidelines
- Provide consultation to both nurses and physicians and serves as a resource to staff in area(s) of expertise
- Obtain certifications as required
- Preform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Nursing
- Oversee and ensure the investigation, root cause analysis, and development and implementation of action plans
- Take appropriate action to ensure patient safety as a result of any investigation
- Preparing and reporting of quality and safety information to clinical leadership and the Board of Directors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Qualifications, such certification in specialty fields such as acute care, ambulatory care, oncology, or geriatrics is desirable. Clinical trial experience is also desirable.
- Five (5) years APRN experience
- Flexible and comfortable with a changing and dynamic work environment and schedule across all shifts and days
- Team player who also works well independently. Able to promote patient safety and a positive patient experience
- Participates in ongoing learning and continuing education to care for a variety of patient populations
- Ability to analyze, interpret and problem solve quickly with well-articulated action planning
- Strong verbal/written communication and conflict resolution skills. Strong empathy to deliver compassionate, patient-centered care
- Communicate effectively in interprofessional teams including peers, nursing, ancillary professionals, and supplier providers and has professional and respectful interactions with patients, caregivers, and members of the interprofessional team
- Gather and synthesize essential accurate information to define each patient’s clinical problem(s) and knowledge of diagnostic testing and procedures
- Support the transition of patients effectively within and across health delivery systems
- Identify forces that impact the cost of health care, advocate for, and practice cost-effective care and leadership
Interested in learning more or know someone who is? Please apply directly or send resumes to Jordyn Tomcykoski at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Our client has implemented a vaccine policy consistent with the commitments of serving their patients, customers, and team members. Therefore, all team members are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19, have their 1st booster against COVID-19 as well as seasonal influenza. *