Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Las Vegas, NV 89101 US
Are you interested in an innovative organization transforming how healthcare is delivered to patients?
We’re seeking Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care, or Internal Medicine who value providing high-quality care to patients in the comfort of their homes.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant
Location: Las Vegas, NV
You’ll team with a Medical Technician to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment, and outcome management, for patients of all ages in the home. You’ll be equipped with everything needed for point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting, wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration.
Comprehensive benefit packages, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family, and short-term disability leave offered!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a Medical Technician and individually, as appropriate for the service line, to deliver care in the patient’s home through our innovative in-home care service lines. This involves being in a mobile unit and riding in a company vehicle to the place of service.
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat complex illnesses
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing, wound care, and minor procedures
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and ensure accuracy
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute illness and manage their health and well-being
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to end-of-life issues and goals of care
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals involved in the patient’s care
- Identify and proactively solve problems
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and performance metrics
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural competency
- Maintain positive relationships with partners and remote teams
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS / ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
Interested in learning more or know someone who is? Please apply directly or send resumes to Jordyn Tomcykoski at email@example.com for more information.