Nurse Educator - Mental Health, Pediatrics
Chesapeake, VA 23320 US
Nurse Educator – Mental Health / Pediatrics
A highly reputable, multi-site health network is seeking a career-focused, experienced Nurse Educator to join their pediatric mental health division! This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated clinical nurse and educator to play a crucial part in the development and implementation of a new program within an established health network that comes with many plans for additional growth and expansion.
While reporting to the Director of Patient Care – Mental Health/Psych, the Nurse Educator role is instrumental in the design, coordination, education, evaluation and/or implementation of programs related to the patient care process. The Nurse Educator is responsible for taking on the role of a learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for professional development, and partner for practice transitions.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Identify internal and external opportunities to promote positive change, learning, professional role competence/ growth, and optimal patient care throughout the institution.
- Support licensed and non-licensed healthcare personnel in onboarding, orientation, ongoing competency, continued education, and role development.
- Facilitates collaborative partnerships, promotes research, and implements evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality improvement initiatives.
This organization has a great reputation for the quality of their patient care, as well as offering their employees a positive work environment and many opportunities for professional growth and career advancement! There is a lot of tenure throughout the company, and they are very big on offering employee’s a health work/life balance!
Schedule: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 40 hours/wk
Compensation: $80,000 - $120,000/yr
- Additional annual bonus incentives
- Extensive medical benefits
- Over 4 weeks paid time off + holidays
- Very generous retirement package
- Up to $5,000/yr for Tuition Reimbursement
- VA Licensed Registered Nurse, or the ability to apply
- Masters’ degree in Nursing with a focus in Education, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of leadership/clinical nurse educator experience in an acute care setting
- At least 2 years of experience working with pediatric patient populations, preferrable in acute care and/or mental health setting
- Strong clinical background working with mental health / psych patients in acute care settings