Medical Lab Scientist / Medical Technologist
Perkasie, PA 18944 US
GHR Search is currently partnered with a prestigious hospital health system in near Perkasie conducting a confidential search for a Medical Technologist.
The Medical Technologist will execute complex chemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microscopic, and bacteriological testing in the detection, diagnosis and treatment of disease. This Medical Technologist will work together with the interdisciplinary team to accumulate testing services to support patients and the community.
This position includes responsibilities such as:
- Follows lab procedures for specimen handling and processing. Performs laboratory technical procedures of mild and high complexity
- Maintain, read, understand, and interpret records of patient test results
- Recognizes unexpected results and/or testing delays. Applies professional knowledge and judgement to decisions.
- Executes routine quality control operations for each method while maintaining records. Identifies QC/QA problems, makes judgements and takes appropriate action.
- Participates in the evaluation and development of new procedures, methods, and instruments
- Aids in the orientation of new employees. Participates in the training of staff and monitors their progress with the supervisor.
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all technical procedures in the department and operations of all instrumentation.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Professional development and behavior
- Time utilization
- Non-profit, financially stable multi-hospital health system affording job security and opportunities for career development
- Monday to Friday Night Shift Schedule
- Healthcare Coverage begins day one of employment
- Fully funded pension plus a 403b plan with company match
- Salary range depends upon experience and educational credentials
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Medical Technology, or Related Field
- ASCP Certification
- SBBs Certification highly preferred
- 1 years of blood bank experience in a busy acute care hospital preferred
- Strong clinical and technical skills in the blood bank
- Advanced skill set as it relates to blood bank technology and electronic cross matching