Interim Nurse Manager - Cardiac Cath Lab
Houston, TX 77001 US
GHR Search is seeking an Interim Cath Lab Nurse Manager for one of the leading acute care hospitals in the Houston, Texas area. This is a 3 month assignment to start, with potential for extension or full time employment upon completion of initial contract.
The Cath Lab Manager will report to the Nursing Director, and will lead a team of more than 65 employees, providing oversight of the special procedures and cardiac cath lab unit. The Manager Cath Lab will be fully supported by an experienced team of interventional radiology and cardiac cath lab nurses and technologists.
The Cath Lab Leader will develop and oversee program outcomes within the unit. They will develop and implement programs/plans that align with improving quality and patient satisfaction. In addition, they will utilize resources to achieve short and long-term strategic goals.
The ideal Manager of Cath Lab will have a progressive leadership background within a busy acute care hospital setting. Managers with well-rounded experience in Interventional Radiology and Special Procedures will earn quick interviews. Improved workflow and best practice knowledge are a plus!
Under the direction of the CNO, the Nurse Manager plans, directs, organizes, coordinates and evaluates overall clinical and administrative activities for the Cardiac Cath Lab. The Nurse Manager assumes ultimate responsibility for staff oversight and the care of patients within the Cath Lab. The Nurse Manager supervises, evaluates, guides and counsels staff in their work performance. Ensures that staffing patterns provide optimal delivery of care. The Nurse Manager provides guidance and support to all staff and ensures compliance, safety and quality metrics, and nursing practice are maintained. The Nurse Manager will oversee staff retention, education and competency, as well as supporting the professional development of the staff. The Nurse Manager will develop and maintain a departmental budget, maintain high patient satisfaction, and act as a liaison and facilitator between the department and other clinical areas of the hospital.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- BSN is required, Masters preferred but not required.
- Covid Vaccination + two boosters
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Cath Lab. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working in a Cath Lab, cardiology or critical care, with some leadership experience.
- Demonstrate ability to lead/direct others and to work effectively with persons of varied background and educational experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice including the nursing process with clinical relevancy needed for the specialty area.
For more information, please contact Rachel Riegel at 484-567-0730.