Interim Director of Nursing - Pediatrics
Philadelphia, PA 19129 US
GHR Search is seeking a qualified Interim Director of Nursing (RN) for a reputable pediatric facility in Philadelphia that provides long term, short term, and transitional care for medically fragile infants, children, and young adults. Experience with vents, trachs, and medically fragile children is required.
This is a 13 week contract to start with potential for contract extension.
- Weekly Pay
- $75-$85/hr, based on experience ($3000-$3400/wk)
- Overtime Eligible after 40 hours/week
- W2 Employment
- Medical Benefits available on contract – Medical, Dental Vision
- 401k available on contract
- Contract Extension or full-time employment likely upon completion of contract
The Director of Nursing (RN) is extremely important to the success of this facility as you will be providing direct support to the staff that serves our patients. This position creates relationships that span beyond clinical and nursing care with the families and the nurses in our facility. It is a responsibility and privilege to change the lives of these families and the effect of nursing care on their lives is truly immeasurable. These relationships are a vital aspect to the success of our agency, the Director of Nursing will establish and maintain compliance with state regulations and as well as our own high standards for the level of care provided to our patients.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Providing leadership and direction for the delivery of care and service
- Directing the overall operations and ongoing activities of the Nursing Department
- Participating in facility admissions
- Serving as a mentor, a leader, and a role model
- Promoting excellent community relations
- Serving as a member of various internal and external committees
- Coordinating the planning, initiation, and completion of special projects
- Coordinating/creating the staff scheduling
- Remaining flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments
- Supervising and reviewing the RN Case Management team
- Strong Communication skills
- Positive interactions with staff
- Managing patients’ data and medical records
- Field Staff Development
- Creating and Maintaining relationships with physician’s, patients and family members
- Process development management pertaining to Nursing team
- Must possess valid RN State of PA License.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in nursing leadership
- Experience with medically fragile children, vents, trachs required.
For more information please contact Rachel Riegel at 484-567-0730