Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Inpatient Psych
Manhattan, NY 10016 US
GHR Search is partnered with one of New York City’s most reputable and largest acute care hospitals to identify a qualified and experience Assistant Director of Nursing for their Inpatient Behavioral Health department. This is a 13 week contract position, with likely extension or opportunity for full time employment.
- 13 Week Contract to Start
- 2 Shifts Available:
- Night Shift, 12:00am-8:00am, 5x8 hour shifts per week
- Evening Shift, 4:00pm-12:30am, 5x8 hour shifts per week
- W2 Employment
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits available
- Local Rates $70-$85/hr
- Travel Rates negotiated + Tax Free Daily Stipend
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating the quality of care rendered in the Department of Psychiatry. ADON has the authority and responsibility of managing the unit in order to guarantee quality of care for every patient assigned to the unit and is held accountable by the use of the nursing process. This individual is responsible for the implementation of the Nursing Department Philosophy and Objective of Nursing care into management of nursing care on the patients' units.
- Receives reports by making rounds in the various Psychiatric Units.
- Coordinates patient care by collaborating with the multidisciplinary team.
- Assesses each patients needs and establishes appropriate plan of care based on Nursing Assessment and Diagnosis
- Maintains standards of care by ensuring that an individualized Nursing plan of care for each patient is developed and implemented.
- Evaluates nursing care, the patient's response to the interventions, and makes modifications as needed.
- Provides adequate staffing for the units by maximizing potential staff based on acuity and daily reports. Able to forecast anticipated coverage for the Department of Nursing in Psychiatry with regards to the fluctuating workload.
- Supervision of professional and non-professional personnel.
- Assists in developing and modifying the guidelines for Patient/Family teaching.
- Makes rounds with the team and participates in the development of the multidisciplinary care plan for the patient.
- Makes safety rounds with staff with emphasis on contraband and environmental safety
- Ensures that all 1:1 suicidal patients are maintained according to Nursing Policy and Procedures.
- Completes performance evaluation for assigned staff.
- Participates in the development and in the implementation of orientation to all new employees.
- Quality improvement monitoring, ensures collection of data for QI and submits monitoring tools weekly.
- Responds and is an active participant during all Crisis Management Episodes for the Department of Psychiatry and the Medical Department.
- Ensures safe*and secure environment free of hazards to reduce the risk of injury to patient, staff and visitors including MRI, Fire Safety and evacuation plan.
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a professional nurse in New York State, plus (2) or (3), below.
2. Masters Degree in Nursing Administration, Education, Clinical Specialty or equivalent field and five years of satisfactory nursing experience, of which three years shall have been in a supervisory or teaching capacity; or a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and six years of satisfactory nursing experience, four years of which shall have been in a supervisory or teaching capacity.
3. OR A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.