Director, Nursing Professional Practice
East Brunswick, NJ 08816 US
Director, Nursing Education and Professional Practice
A large, non-profit, multi-site healthcare system in New Jersey is seeking a career-focused Pediatric Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) to join them as the Director of Nursing Professional Practice for one of their multiple hospitals throughout New Jersey! Known for providing the most progressive healthcare services, this organization is nationally recognized for providing the most advanced and progressive healthcare services for all their patients, especially and specifically in regards to the pediatric population.
This role revolves around and is primarily focused on the development and implementation of providing clinical education, training and support for bedside nurses and other advanced practice nurses throughout the hospital, ensuring the highest quality of clinical patient care.
Additional responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership to deliver high quality, cost effective patient care by setting clear expectations for safe, high quality patient care and establishing an evidence-based practice expectation and focus for all professional nursing practice throughout the system.
- Responsible for quality of nursing care provided by nursing staff (RNs, LPNs, PCTs, CNAs) in conjunction with ACNO and Senior Administrator, Long Term Care Services.
- Develops and implements standards of nursing practice and protocols; provides nursing expertise and input into the formulation of departmental policies and participates in strategic planning.
- In conjunction with the ACNO, ensures that all nursing services are organized, directed, and staffed in keeping with the scope of services offered.
- Collaborates with departmental managers to identify and solve issues requiring nursing expertise; works to promote and enhance quality health care across the organization.
- Functions as a change agent to motivate staff to continuously improve individual performance, leading to improved department performance. Develops and implements performance improvement projects as needed to improve patient care.
- Assists with the coordination, development and implementation of policies and procedures in regard to nursing services, to guide and support the provision of services to meet customer expectations.
- Maximizes potential of self and subordinates by supporting professional growth and conducting training and orientation sessions.
- Current NJ RN license or eligible to obtain one
- Strong clinical background working with pediatrics or pediatric rehabilitation or pediatric critical care
- Board Certification in Advanced Practice Nursing, pediatric nursing and/or pediatric nursing specialty, preferred
- Previous nursing leadership experience, preferred
- Broad knowledge of healthcare administration, practices and principles within a healthcare system.
- Knowledge of population-based outcomes and improvement processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Emphasizes the positive and provides clear direction.
- Able to keep up to date in nursing competency in order to meet standards of national, state, and hospital accreditation
To apply, please contact/send resume to:
Alyssa Comita – Sr. Recruitment Manager